Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Choc-Nut

America has its Reese's Pieces, Europe has its Kinder Schokolade. The Philippines well... hehehe has its one and only Choc-Nut! where you can find it in Sari Sari store, Grocery's etc. Its not a special sweet like I mentioned before..but it sells like a box office hits tickets! one of the best selling pinoy chocolates for years.

You know your a Filipino if you are craving for this small chocolate wrapped in a tiny foil ( palara in tagalog) with a stripped red white recycled paper. Its one of my favorite local chocolate, the best! I remember when I was 8 yrs of age, i can empty one pack of Choc-Nut in one seating! hehehe that is when i was a kid..

This tiny chocolate was made with mixed roasted peanuts, cane sugar, milk powder, cocoa powder, and artificial flavoring. As its covers says KING, for me it has a meaning.. it means King of all Filipino chocolates. hehehe

If you go to abroad specially in the United States and find a Filipino store you will find a Choc-Nut and I WILL ASSURE THAT! hehehhee..Every Balikbayans I know want to buy a dozen or two of this delicious chocolate, this cheap delights costs about 25 pesos (half a dollar) per pack.

Most of us Filipinos grew up with this tiny delight, whether your a Fil-AM or FBI (full blooded Ilocano) hehehe..
If you are a Filipino you know why we still eat this old school mouth watering chocolate hehehe;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer choc-nut from Phils it won't make sore throat hehehe!. That's mah fave when I was there... how I wish there is variety store here selling choc-nut:-(. Believe me I will buy bunch of it if there is store sell choc-nut here.

Anonymous said...

Natuwa naman ako sa choc-nut. :D
hehe.. :) Saraaap. :P

Anonymous said...

the chocnut pic looks very familiar... did you grab it from someone else's blog?